Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Last night I stayed up until midnight happily anticipating a snow day today. I work in a school (no I am not a teacher) so any time school is cancelled I get a day off. I was awakened at 5:15 a.m. to the vibrating of my cell phone. I knew what that meant! A recorded message...no school today. Ahhh, back to sleep for a few more hours.

When I finally crawled out of my warm nest, I was off for Donut Shop Coffee from my Keurig and to start up the laptop to see if anything had changed in my Etsy shop. Nothing. Sigh. I had my first sale a week ago and have been anxiously waiting for my next. Okay, hurry up, load the dishwasher, feed the cats, fold some laundry. Now I have the day to do whatever I want. I sat on the couch for a while doing a crossword. Then I joined a thread on the Etsy forum about how handmade items had to be...here is the link http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6018021 it was informational but amusing as well.

I finally decided not to waste the day on the couch. I pulled out my cardmaking material and drew a blank on what I wanted to design. After putzing around on the computer some more I finally began. The hours passed and next thing I knew it was 4:00 p.m. I was proud, I had made six cards. I love cardmaking but I hate the cleanup. Glue on the counter, paper scraps everywhere, little pieces of this and that on the floor. What a mess.

Amid all of this, my son went out to pick at the icy driveway and brought in the mail. There was an envelope from the technical high school my son applied to for the fall. I nervously opened it as his grades were not exactly up to par....YAY, he was accepted. I am so happy. I do not like the local high school and really wanted him to go to a technical school and learn a trade. He applied to two. We are waiting to hear if the other one accepts him and then he will have to decide which one to attend. I am so proud and happy for him.

After what seemed like forever of taking and editing pictures, I listed a few of my new cards on Etsy, but not all of them. I like to have new stuff to put on every day so I'll save some of them. So I went off to list on my other shop on http://www.shophandmade.com/ and when I came back to Etsy.....YIPPEEE I had sold two more signs. I was so happy I wanted to dance. I am very optimistic that I will succeed even with the economy the way it is. I will survive, I will survive..hey, hey!

Thank you to those of you who have recently joined my following. I am also building up my list of blogs I follow. Have a nice night!

3 comments:

  1. You have a great blog...glad you had two more sales. I went through your shop and it is beautiful...great signs. Welcome to Etsy it is a really great place for a store...lots of great people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double Congrats for your son and your new sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the compliments. I am excited to be on Etsy and I am staying optimistic that I will do okay in spite of the economy. I'm glad you enjoy my blog, I am completely new to this.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite TV Shows

  • 24
  • Prison Break
  • Biggest Loser
  • Two and a Half Men